Duluth Trading Underwear Review: Buck Naked Boxers Are Amazing But..
Since you’re on this Duluth Trading underwear review, there’s a good chance you just saw one of their humorous animated commercials.
That’s how I first heard of them, too.
I was hesitant to buy because they’re expensive, but I bought a couple pair after seeing the commercial.
What’d I think? They are great!
Duluth Trading Buck Naked boxer briefs are incredibly comfortable and have a high rating. I love them! They are made from nylon, so prepare for a little shock if you’re only used to cotton, but that should wear off soon enough.
There are a few caveats to watch out for though. The majority of the problems aren’t with the boxers themselves, but how they must be ordered. They’re not available on Amazon, only DuluthTrading.com for an expensive price. Exofficio boxer briefs feel the exact same and end up being way cheaper on Amazon. (Check my Exofficio review here or my complete rankings list.)
Things I Like:
- Made to performance specifications, these boxers only weigh 4.4 ounces and are made from 93% nylon. That makes them very lightweight and incredibly easy to move around in. They also stretch to accommodate any type of movement, whether for walking or athletics.
- The nylon makes these boxers snug, but not too snug. They will comfortably fit around your body and stay there all day. They also shouldn’t ride up at all during your day.
- They feel like a second pair of skin. Once you get accustomed to the feeling of nylon, you’ll wonder how you went so long without it.
- Odor-resistant and moisture wicking, this will keep you dry and smelling good through the day. They’re also antimicrobial for extra protection. Makes these boxers ideal as athletic wear, but also great as daily boxers for everyday tasks.
- Dries within a few hours. After machine or hand washing, just hang the boxers and wait 2-3 hours. They’ll be ready for you to tackle the day. This is a much faster drying time than cotton.
- A diamond-knit pattern keeps proper airflow from entering and exiting the boxers. Keeps you cool and improves both comfort and odor protection.
- Do you hate chafing? The brushed waistband is 1 ½ inches thick and made specifically to resist chafing and irritation in general.
Things I Dislike:
- The biggest problem is that these boxers are only available through Duluth Trading Company. They’re a good website, but charge a large shipping fee of $10 unless you order 2+ pairs. Not good if you only plan on getting one.
- The colors are OK, they don’t look that great and there are only a few to choose from. ExOfficio’s similar nylon boxers have better colors and can be ordered through Amazon.
- They are a little short, like 70’s basketball shorts. This is polarizing, as some people like it while others don’t. They may also shrink a little after washing.
Aside from the problems of high shipping costs and less-than-amazing colors, these boxers get a lot of things right. They are amazingly comfortable and feel like a second skin. Not only that, but they are odor-resistant, wick away moisture and feel nice and snug.
If you like these enough to order a few pairs, then they’re worth it. Otherwise, you may want to go with Exofficio boxer briefs. You’ll get similar benefits and a better shipping price. They’re amazing at being comfortable, but it’s that one caveat that may turn a lot of people off.