Exofficio Underwear Review: Can’t Beat Give-N-Go Boxer Briefs For Workouts
ExOfficio’s Give-N-Go boxer briefs have a good reputation and are among the best for athletes, but there are a few downfalls to watch out for. At $26 they are on the more expensive side but are far from the most expensive.
Also, be aware that these boxers are made mostly from nylon for extra stretch. This can feel a little jarring if you’ve worn cotton your whole life, but it doesn’t take long to adjust. Most men enjoy the feeling after they get used to the new material.
Things I Like:
- When you get the right sizing, these boxers are nice and snug. They shouldn’t move around regardless of what you’re doing.
- The nylon is lightweight and breathable. It’s perfect if you’re tired of cotton weighing you down or sweat accumulating down there. Plus, this keeps you nice and cool as you go about your day.
- They’re moisture wicking and antimicrobial, making them ideal as athletic wear. You shouldn’t have any sweat accumulation, and the antimicrobial feature drastically reduces the chances of infection from working out.
- They’re odor-resistant because they’re treated with Silvadur, just another reason they work so well as athletic wear. Even if you’re not working out, nobody wants smells down there.
- These boxers are comfortable, there’s no other way around it. Once you get used to the nylon you’ll probably never go back to cotton. They stretch and stay with you all day, plus they just feel nice and cozy.
- The diamond-knit pattern ensures maximum airflow and keeps the boxers properly in shape.
- Dry time is super quick at just two hours. You can either machine wash or hand wash, then just hang to dry. It a few hours they’ll be ready for wear again, making it simple to get them clean. When I come back from a bike ride, my boxers are normally soaked. With Exofficio boxers, by the time I’m done showering, they’re completely dry.
- These boxers are made to last years and years, plus the odor resistance lasts a lifetime. It should also keep its shape for many years, ensuring a comfortable fit throughout.
Things I Dislike:
- They can be a little loose in areas for some men, so be careful about sizing. This can be a problem for bodybuilders with larger thighs.
- Some people’s boxers stretched out too much and the waistband failed prematurely. However, ExOfficio is very accommodating and will usually send a replacement pair if this happens.
- There are only a few colors to choose from, so very little variety here.
The ExOfficio Give-N-Go boxer briefs work wonderfully as athletic wear due to their balanced airflow, odor resistance, moisture wicking and amazingly lightweight design. However, they are also ideal for regular wear if you enjoy comfort and like boxers that don’t hold sweat and odors (and what man doesn’t want that?).
While some people have complained about the boxers being somewhat loose or stretching out too quickly, these instances are rare and ExOfficio is prompt about sending a replacement pair when problems occur.
In general, these are great boxers at a fair price that dry quickly, are lightweight and incredibly comfortable. You’re sure to love them.