Tommy John Review: Is $34 For One Pair Ridiculous? (Nope, Worth It)
Saxx has been my favorite brand of boxer briefs for the last three years.
But I wanted to give Tommy John a try, too.
Saxx is expensive, but Tommy John asks for even more.
$34 is a lot of money to pay for underwear, so I was hesitant to buy a pair. But I’m glad I did.
Tommy John boxer briefs are in my top five.
Things I Like:
- Tommy John Second Skin boxer briefs are one of the best pieces of clothing to touch my body.
- They’re made of soft, breathable material that’s lightweight and stretchy.
- The boxer briefs are longer than most, and this helps keep them in place. They won’t ride up. (If you don’t like the longer style, they have styles with a regular inseam too).
- I know I’ve already said they’re comfortable, but sleeping in them is amazing. They keep everything in place.
- Their t-shirts are fantastic! The color selection could be improved, but these are the softest shirts I’ve ever owned. They’re well made and will stand the test of time.
- Their customer service is the best in the business. I told them the socks I ordered were terrible, and they sent me a pair of boxer briefs (that I love) for free!
- I love Tommy John’s branding. They’ve done a great job articulating which pair is perfect for you depending what’s most important to you (breathability, flexibility, softness, warmth).
- As you buy more, you get bigger discounts. (10% off if you spend $150, $15% if you spend $250).
- With Tommy Johns, there’s a special “quick draw fly” that’s horizontal, making access easier. I’ve never used a fly, but if you’re wearing a suit, I get why you’d want to.
- If you don’t like your first pair, you can send them back for a refund.
Things I Dislike:
- Like I said, $34 is a lot of money to spend on underwear, but these are going to last a couple years. I have the same pair that I bought two years ago. It looks used, but it’s in solid condition.
- Tommy John’s socks suck. They’re $16 a pair. They didn’t smell good and after a couple washes, they started piling on the bottom. (Check out my top picks for socks).
- I like the long legged fit, but a couple of my friends who have tried Tommy Johns weren’t a fan. I think they’re more prone to ripping if you’re not in solid shape.
I haven’t tried their sweatpants or hoodies yet, but it’s on my list of things to do.
Their underwear is perfect.
The Cool Cottons are $31 and nice, but I recommend you spend the extra $3 and get the Second Skins.
If they’re not your favorite pair of underwear, send them back. You have nothing to lose. Every guy needs to have at least one pair of Tommy Johns in their drawer!