Under Armour Boxerjock Review: In My Top Five Rankings (For 2018)
Under Armour has built itself it a major empire when it comes to athletic wear that’s both premium but on the affordable side. You can definitely see this in action with the Under Armour 6″ Boxerjock. It’s nice and comfortable while being more affordable than other premium boxers.
Made from polyester, these boxers have good stretch and fit nicely. However, there are a few problems to be aware of.
They’re the perfect fit for ME and my body type, but they’re definitely not for everybody.
I have Under Armour Boxerjock Boxer Briefs in my top five, check my boxer brief rankings here.
Things I Like:
- These boxers are made from 90% polyester and 10% elastane. For many, polyester is a polarizing fabric put in the “love it or hate it” category. However, it feels comfortable here and offers many benefits required for athletic wear. Plus, it keeps the price down.
- Are you tired of boxers being stuck to your skin? These are made to be fitted, which means they are next to your skin without the extra squeeze. Perfect for those who want boxers that don’t ride up, but aren’t too tight (be sure to read on for more info about this).
- Uses a four-way stretch pattern made to keep the boxers nice and flexible regardless of what you’re doing. It doesn’t matter if you’re walking, running, playing sports or even doing yoga. They’ll keep up with you.
- Wicks away moisture to keep you dry. Not only that, but these boxers dry much faster than cotton ones, ensuring that they are good throughout the day and have little downtime when you’re drying them. (Exofficio is good with moisture wicking too!)
- Uses a performance waistband designed to keep the boxers in place without moving around. It’s like a lock around your waist that won’t let you down.
- It helps resist chafing, especially around the thighs. You also shouldn’t have any irritation while wearing these boxers.
- Massive number of colors. Under Armour is great about giving you options, and there are new ones being released all the time, so you’ll have no problem finding a color (or colors) you like.
Things I Dislike:
- This is very important, and it’s a consistent problem with this item. They run small and thus can are tighter than they should be. The majority of buyers have to get a size up from their normal fitting to ensure they are comfortable and not crushing. I usually wear medium, and I’m cool with UA’s medium size, but it’s a common complaint on Amazon, so I wanted to mention it here.
- These are meant more for lean athletes or those with average body types. If you have larger thighs or rear, then be aware that they run extra small in those areas.
As long as you’re careful about the sizing issue, these boxers are great. They fit amazingly, are quite comfortable and wick away moisture to keep you dry during the day. They also tend to be very durable and the endless color options are great.
These are a great pair as long as you know how to order them.